In 2021 we changed our house system- expanding our houses from 3 to 8, introducing Paterson, Irwin, Hollows, Blackburn, Cowan, Mabo, Goolagong, Freeman and retired Rigel, Orion and Antares.
The aim of the new house system is to:
• Provide a system holistic of all learners therefore including sporting, academic and artistic endeavours,
• Promote a positive self-identity, belonging, integrity and pride amongst all students.
• Constant and consistent encouragement for students to achieve their best.
• Develop a common goal between school staff and students.
• Create smaller groups of students
• Community and parent involvement with school initiatives
• Embedded and lasting school culture
• Visible house spirit
• An engaged student population with the house competitions as we move away from solely sporting activities
• Meaningful student comradery & competition
• Personal Growth and wellbeing
The names, colours and totems for each house, were chosen by the students. Points are awarded for Academic Excellence, Approach to Learning, Cultural activities and School Values. Students can also get special points awarded for attendance, behaviour and effort, wearing of PE uniform. We will also move to acknowledging individual students for their contribution on a weekly basis.