‘Choose Your Own Device’ (CYOD) provides parents with a range of device and warranty options.
The parent initially contributes the purchase cost of the device to the school via a Participation
Agreement and an annual service fee of $150. The school will then purchase the device for their
students’ sole use. The school will retain ownership of the device which allows the school to:
• Install and maintain school owned software including Operating System
• Provide full student access to the school network and internet
• Provide technical support through our school ICT Helpdesk
• Provide access to Hot-Swap laptops if the student’s device requires repair
• Have Computrace anti-theft software installed as standard on all devices
• Fully manage onsite, all Warranty and Accidental Damage Protection (ADP) claims
• Have the device covered under the school insurance policy against fire and theft (providing
the device is kept locked and secure at home). (DoE Resource Replacement Scheme)
Please note an excess may apply.
• *Provide internet filtering at home and at school.
*Internet filtering is managed by DoE. As such, we are unable to block individual websites for families.
If a family requires this function, the school recommends purchasing a private internet filtering service.
The laptop reverts to parent ownership at the end of the student enrolment or life of the laptop. School ownership confers significant advantages when purchasing, managing and in cases of accidental damage or theft off the premises.
The benefits of CYOD include:
- easier and more effective network integration for printing, file management and classroom oversight
- better fit for curriculum and the Gap SHS teaching and learning
- social media controls
- accidental damage protection
- school installation of all required software
Email enquiries: email@example.com