As part of our schools 1:1 program, students are expected to bring a device for classroom learning.
Families of students of all Year Levels are welcome to purchase via the CYOD program being rolled out in Year 7, 2021.
Laptop - Minimum Specifications
Windows Laptops/Tablets - Minimum Specs
- Windows 10
- Pentium (purchased 2017 onwards)
- 5Ghz compatible wireless card
- 4GB RAM
- 128GB SSD
MacBook/Pro/Air - Minimum Specs
- i3 processor or higher
- 4GB RAM
- 128GB SSD
All BYO devices are expected to have a battery life to last a full school day (6 hours).
All specialist Graphics / Engineering/ Multimedia/ Digital Technologies/ Film and TV classes are held in specialist school labs. Families of students undertaking specialist subjects (Graphics/Multimedia/Engineering) may wish to purchase laptops with equivalent specification to our computer labs.
- i5 Processor
- 8GB Ram
- Dedicated graphics
Touchscreen and Stylus are optional.
Microsoft Windows laptops are preferred for students undertaking specialist subjects.
Loan devices may be available from the library should a student need a short term hire while a BYO is being repaired.
- Windows 7 , 8 & 10S are not supported in a school environment. Please see IT to obtain a copy of Windows 10 Education Edition.
- STEM subjects do not require a device greater than minimum specifications.
- Sibelius is provided & installed by the school for both Mac and Windows laptops. Sibelius requires 40GB space.
iPad (Year 8) - 2021 FINAL YEAR*
- iPad 5 onwards, iPad Pro, iPad Air 3
- 9.7" Display Size or larger
- 32 GB storage or higher
- Protective case with inbuilt keyboard
- Accidental Damage Protection recommended
NOTE: iPad minis are not permitted
*The Gap State High recognises that some students who purchased iPads for Year 6 at local feeder primary schools will still be bringing their iPad as their BYO device for Year 7 in 2021.
SoftwareFree Microsoft Office & Adobe Creative Cloud
All state school students from Prep–Year 12 can now download multiple free copies of the Microsoft Office 365 suite to their personal computer.
To download Microsoft Office 365, click here(You must have an active EQ email address & password)
One Drive and Outlook Web Access (email) is active and recommended to be used by all Gap State High students.
The Adobe Creative Cloud Suite can be installed on Student Laptops at the school IT helpdesk. Licenses are only available to students in subjects requiring this software.
Additional Free Software to be installed is included in the "App List for All Devices -2021" .
- Dropbox and Google Documents are not accessible at school for students. Please use your EQ/DETE OneDrive account
- Personal OneDrive accounts will not work at school
- iCloud does not work at school